Monday, October 13, 2008

For starters...

So I have no idea what inspired me to start a "blawg", but here it is, and until I decide to think of something to write, I'll just refer you elsewhere.

My new favorite webcomic is called XKCD: A Webcomic of Romance, Sarcasm, Math, and Language. It is utterly hilarious and often a frighteningly accurate portrayal of how my own mind works sometimes. I'll warn you that some of the jokes contained within have to do with very advanced math and computer programming. I would guess that 1 in 5 of the strips have some sort of mathematical concept or obscure geek inside joke that prevent me from fully appreciating the intended humor. 1 in 1o strips are so far above my head that I don't get any of the humor. That is ok though, I would say that 7 or 8 out of 10 are mostly understandable by the average intelligent person who has a college degree.

They update 3 times a week and so far, have published 488 cartoons. I recommend starting at #1 and working your way up to present, as many of them reference previous jokes.

You may find yourself alone and laughing out loud, just so you know.

Go here to start at #1. Or you can just go to the homepage and decide for yourself how to proceed.

Word.

1 comment:

Itzme said...

Word, brother