Sunday, October 19, 2008

Don't Read This Blaugh...

So it seems to me that there may be an insurmountable conflict of interest for a lot of people who decide to start blawgging.

Goal #1: I want an anonymous forum through which I can write my deepest of deep thoughts without fear of judgement from people I know.

Goal #2: I want SOMEBODY to read my deepest of deep thoughts, and without telling people I know about my blawg, this will likely never happen.

I suppose if you're really HONESTLY only writing for yourself and you don't care if anybody reads it, then an actual diary, or a Word document would work fine. Then there are the people who write really damn awesome things and are so proud of them(and rightly so) that they are then faced with the decision of whether or not to go public and drop the anonymity entirely. This then changes the nature of their blohg and immediately causes censorship of those things you are not ready to admit to your friends.

The decision I have to make is thus: Do I have any deep thoughts that I actually think are worth writing and releasing into the wild? Do I want anonymity and only random readership(otherwise known as "no readership")? Do I want to allow friends into my little world and be forced to hold back on those things that I don't really want anybody to know?

And most importantly is this: Will I really keep posting in this thing, or will I neglect it and forget it exists within a month like I did with my last blarg?

Ah, decisions. What do YOU think, nonexistent readers?*

*(If you actually are reading this, I am in no way implying that you do not exist.)

1 comment:

Itzme said...

that is indeed deep and i have thought along similar lines often (that's how I know it is deep!)